If you are running a Domain Controller and Active Directory at home then you can use LDAP authentication to log into Emby.
- I would highly recommend creating an Emby Service account on AD with no group permissions. This account will be used for Bind access.
- Create a Group on AD. example Emby-LDAP
- Any Users on AD that you want to Sync with Emby, make them a member of the group.
- Create a user on Emby with the same login name used for AD
- Install the LDAP plugin
- Configure the plugin with your LDAP settings.
- LDAP Server: server name or iP
- LDAP Port: 389
- Bind DN: (The Service account created earlier in the following format)
- Bind Credential: Service Account password
- User search base:
User search Filter: (this is used to only sync users a member of the AD group we created earlier).
Now test logging in with an AD account